Whether you are going on a hike or doing some work in the garage or just sitting about in the living room, the best companion you can get for your feet are a nice comfy pair of boots. They just seem to go the extra mile or do the little more that shoes can’t.
From rock stars to cowboys to swanky entrepreneurs, everybody love boots, even hippies dig it.
Boots can come in very handy (perhaps “leggy”) during the winter. They provide much needed warmth and comfort. Even in the summer, especially for exploring the outdoors, hiking and camping, a nice pair will do a lot of good.
However, modern fashion trends have seen the incorporation of boots into everyday life activities.
It’s no longer a surprise to find at least a pair of boots inside board room meetings on a Monday morning or to find them rocking the dance floor on Friday night or strutting the red carpet on Sunday evening.
There is only one rule to be observed: there are different types of boots for every occasion.
Yes, if you’re going for a bad-ass-terminator-style appearance or an official suit-and-tie bank executive look, you will need a matching pair of boots to compliment your repertoire.
Getting the Right Boots for Every Occasion
Boots come in various designs, sizes, lengths and definitely color. They are also made from different materials from leather to suede to soft sheepskin (and even rubber).
Before you go stocking up your wardrobe with new boots. You need to set up and prepare your boot-goals. You don’t just get a boot because everyone has them and end up trying to figure if it’s appropriate to wear them for certain occasions or not.
Here are a few tips to consider for both men and women.
- It doesn’t really matter if they are low or high or heeled or not. Black boots are a necessary collection in your wardrobe. You should have at least a pair of them. The color just seems to command some respect.
- If you goal is to achieve some level of attention then you need a boot with some eye catching design or maybe fringes, buckles or a zipper.
- Heeled boots are perfect if you are trying to look classy while appearing taller.
- Work boots are work boots and should not be treated otherwise. No matter their styles and designs, their wear should not cross over from casual settings.
- Lace up boots come in all heights and patterns and designs. If you are thinking of adding a new boot to your wardrobe, consider a brown leather pair of lace ups or a pair of sweater lace ups (for the winter).
- Personally, I feel any article on boots will be incomplete without making any comments about Chelsea boots. They are perfect for both pantsuits and denims.
Where to Buy the Best Boots for Every Occasion
Whatever boots you go for, remember there are boots for every occasion and you don’t even have to worry about breaking the bank to get them
Don’t forget to check out Boot Bomb to find out more!